Owner: Ms. Jaqueline
Address: El Amigo, Silliman University Area, Dumaguete City
Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.8 GHz
Memory: 512 MB DDR2
Motherboard: D945GLF (Intel Motherboard)
Operating System: Win XP SP2
Hard Disk Drive Size: 160 GB
Technician: Rogin Diez
- "NTLDR Missing" text appears upon bootup
- Virus Infected
- File and multimedia backup
- Motherboard support CD lost
- Peripheral drivers lost
- Power OK
- Unable to boot up, "NTLDR missing" code appears
- Re-installation of Win XP without formatting the drives
- After successful istallation of the OS, backup requested files (Documents, Pictures, MP3's, etc..)
- Run DXDIAG by going to "Run" of the Start Menu (WIN+R) then type dxdiag,look for the motherboard description, the motherboard manufacturer for driver download reference.
- After determining the motherboard and file backup, install back the OS and I partitioned the drive twice with 50% each of the total drive space.
- After successfully installed the operating system, I then installed additional application like MS Office 03 and 07, an antivirus, USB Security, USB Safely Remove, Teracopy, Regcure, VLC, Firefox, etc..)
- Download the missing drivers from the web.
- The downloaded motherboard drivers are then installed.
- System restart was necessary then.
- After the restart, defrag the drives then assign larger virtual memory for both drives C: and D:
- Restart, then run Regcure.
- The system was then functioning well. Computer Troubleshooting do require patience in the procedure. And careful understanding of the functions of the peripherals is a must. 0_o